Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Monday 3 September 2012

ALEX CARE - HUMMING BIRD


Humming Bird
Humming Bird By Alex Clare. Pop. Piano/Vocal/Guitar. 6 pages. Published by Hal Leonard - Digital Sheet Music (HX.245268)
...GET SHEET MUSIC HERE




Take what you need, and leave the rest,
No I don't mind, no I don't mind,
I'll get this off my chest,
There's nowhere else I'd rather be.

Come flying in, and then again,
I'm not here long enough to pretend that I seem so well,
There's nowhere else you'd rather be.

Like a hummingbird in flight you are,
Hovering, hovering 'round me,
And I move near, you fly away.
Like a hummingbird in flight you are,
Hovering, hovering near me,
As I move near, you fly away.

Don't fly away
Don't fly away
Don't fly away

What can I say, you have to wait,
You find it hard to say and to articulate,
I know there's nowhere else you'd rather be.

It seems so clear, I know we're through,
Yet all I wanna do is make love to you,
I know there's nowhere else you'd rather be.

Like a hummingbird in flight you are,
Hovering, hovering near me,
As I move near, you fly away.
Like a hummingbird in flight you are,
Hovering, hovering near me,
As I move near, you fly away.

Don't fly away
Don't fly away
Don't fly away
Don't fly away
Don't fly away

Buzzing around my head, things you have done,
The words you have said.
Remember me, after you've left,
I'll try but I can't forget.

Like a hummingbird in flight you are,
Hovering, hovering 'round me,
As I move near, you fly away.
Like a hummingbird in flight you are,
Hovering, hovering 'round me,
As I move near, you fly away.

Don't fly away
Don't fly away
Don't fly away
Don't fly away
Don't fly away





Do You Know.....
  1. There are more than 325 hummingbird species in the world. Only 8 species regularly breed in the United States, though up to two dozen species may visit the country.
  2. A hummingbird’s brilliant throat color is not caused by feather pigmentation, but rather by iridescence in the arrangement of the feathers and the influence of light level, moisture and other factors.
  3. Hummingbirds cannot walk or hop, though their feet can be used to scoot sideways while they are perched.
  4. The calliope hummingbird is the smallest bird species in North America and measures just 3 inches long. The bee hummingbird is the smallest species and measures 2.25 inches long.
  5. Hummingbirds have 1,000-1,500 feathers, the fewest number of feathers of any bird species in the world.
  6. The average ruby-throated hummingbird weighs 3 grams. In comparison, a nickel weighs 4.5 grams.
  7. From 25-30 percent of a hummingbird’s weight is in its pectoral muscles, the muscles principally responsible for flight.
  8. A hummingbird’s maximum forward flight speed is 30 miles per hour, though the birds can reach up to 60 miles per hour in a dive.
  9. Hummingbirds lay the smallest eggs of all birds. They measure less than 1/2 inch long but may represent as much as 10 percent of the mother’s weight at the time the eggs are laid.
  10. A hummingbird must consume approximately 1/2 of its weight in sugar daily, and the average hummingbird feeds 5-8 times per hour.
  11. A hummingbird’s wings beat between 50 and 200 flaps per second depending on the direction of flight and air conditions.
  12. An average hummingbird’s heart rate is more than 1,200 beats per minute.
  13. At rest, a hummingbird takes an average of 250 breaths per minute.
  14. The rufous hummingbird has the longest migration of any hummingbird species with a distance of more than 3,000 miles from the bird’s nesting grounds in Alaska and Canada to its winter habitat in Mexico.
  15. The ruby-throated hummingbird flies 500 miles nonstop across the Gulf of Mexico during both its spring and fall migrations.
  16. Depending on the species, habitat conditions, predators and other factors, the average lifespan of a wild hummingbird is 3-12 years.
  17. Hummingbirds have no sense of smell but have very keen eyesight.
  18. Hummingbirds do not suck nectar through their long bills, they lick it with fringed, forked tongues.
  19. A hummingbird can lick 10-15 times per second while feeding.
  20. Hummingbirds digest natural sucrose in 20 minutes with 97 percent efficiency for converting the sugar into energy.